So I promise I will eventually get around to posting about our Utah trip from a couple of weeks ago but I have two random stories I thought were worth sharing before I forget them!
On Saturday Steve and I went to the movies (cheap theater of course)! Anyways, while we are in the middle of this movie I was readjusting and accidentally moved the chair of the woman in front of me. All of the seats in this theater are rocking, which I didn't realize. I really didn't kick her chair that hard! So I whisper I'm sorry as loud as I can without being rude to other movie watchers, and this OLD woman turns around gives me a pointed stare, to which I reply again, I'm sorry in the loudest whisper I could. The next thing I know, the old woman turns around, picks up her purse and tries to HIT me with it!!!!! I said I was sorry TWO TIMES!!!! I was in shock that she tried to hit me and I was trying really hard not to burst out laughing! I mean, seriously, do crabby old women now have license to hit anyone that accidentally crosses them! I guess I am sharing this to see if this has happened to anyone else and hopefully to make you all laugh, because I know I laughed! HAHAHA
Second Story: Yesterday I got up to find that our apartment complex had turned the hot water off because of some pipe problem. I swear this happens like 2-3 times per week and it makes me crazy! It also reminds me of stories Steve tells about when he was in Ukraine (Apparently in Ukraine they will systematically shut off the hot water because it is too expensive). Back to the story.... I go to get into the shower and obviously cannot because the hot water isn't working. I called the office to ask when it would be back on and they say they don't know. I really needed to work on my graduate school applications but I can't work unless I am clean and I wasn't!!!! I figured it couldn't be that long for the water to come on so I decided to clean our apartment. Anyways, 3:30 p.m rolls around and the hot water still isn't on!!! I was sooo frustrated that I finally got all of the biggest pots in our house and boiled my own water! It took soooo long to boil and I only got half of a bath tub full of tepid water. While I was in the bath I was laughing at myself for boiling hot water and thinking I would make the absolute worst Pioneer!
In America...?
7 months ago
8 comments:
Troy and I are both experienced with boiling water for baths, but come on. We are in Tucson for crying out loud. I hope they give you a discount on rent or something. That is ridiculous. Let's hang out really soon. do you want to go snowboarding the last weekend of January?
I can remember as a kid always having to boil pots of water just because there were just so many of us. Hot water was definately one situation where, you snooze you lose at our house growing up. It is crazy that it happens alot. I would definately be asking for a rent rebate.
That is definitely something I remember from growing up. I would hate to have to do that now though. I'm so spoiled.
And that old lady is really grumpy my goodness. I get kicked everytime I go to the movies by little kids and I certainly don't hit them. There are a few who I might have liked to, but I haven't ever given in. :-)
What a crabby old woman! I wonder what she would have done if you lauged?
Stinks about the water situation. That is something that might happen every now and then, but not weekly!
Hey Kalli! That story at the movies is stinkin funny. I can't believe she actually tried to hit you. Thanks for sharing and making me laugh!
I am going to pretend I don't know that!!!! You boiled water to take a tub? You could be forever made fun of in the Hale family. That's is really funny Kalli. I can't wait to tell the fam to read your post. love ya
ps watch out for the old ladies, they can be dangerous!
Ha ha! I love those stories. I also love thinking about you boiling water for your bath. You are maybe one of the funniest people I know. Sorry I was such a drag while you guys were here. I'm actually feeling a lot better now. I'm hardly throwing up, and my back feels WAY better. Maybe your presence made me sick??? Ha ha. Love you guys.
Kalli,
Has Steve not taught you ANYTHING? You just boil one pan of water, sit in the tub, soap up and then rinse off with the one big pan. It's called a Ukrainian bath. The great thing about having no hot water is that if somebody gets burned you have plenty of cold water to put on them (ask Steve about that). The old lady in the theater sounds like something from a movie (remember the scene from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"? Two very funny stories. Loved reading your blog. We miss you guys so much. Love ya, Mom H.
Post a Comment