Sunday, December 16, 2012

Reflecting

One year ago today, I was in the hospital for a D & C after finding about having a miscarriage. I've been thinking about my whole miscarriage experience and comparing it to what is happening in my life right now. I am three weeks away from my due date and bringing a little man into this world.

The other night I spent the evening making a crib skirt and decorating a nursery, when a year prior I had been laying on the couch trying to force myself to eat. Though the two experiences were polar opposite, and in spite of my extreme sadness and worry I still felt blessed last year and continue to feel so blessed and excited for the change about to come into my life.

I tried not to ask myself the question "Why me?" last year but it happened, and while I still don't know 'why' or if there really is a 'why', I feel like I've learned a lot about myself and my relationship with Steve and my Heavenly Father because of that trial. For that I am truly grateful to have had an experience that brings me closer to where I need to be. In many ways, I feel so grateful that I had to experience the pain and sorrow of a miscarriage so I could fully appreciate the happiness, anticipation, and excitement of being pregnant.

I really can't believe that my life could change any day now, I'm trying to get the finishing touches going on the nursery and I need to pack a hospital bag, and wash all of the little baby clothes etc. What I'm really trying to focus on is enjoying these last days/weeks I have with just me and Steve because I know it will never be quite the same after we bring our little guy home.

Wish me luck- I might be a mom by the time I get around to writing another post :)

2 comments:

The Walkers said...

Three weeks!?!? How exciting! I can't wait to meet this little man. Post pics of your nursery!

Sandra and Brent said...

This post brought back vivid memories of your phone call to let us know that you were having a miscarriage. Your sadness was palpable over the phone . . . it broke my heart to hear you sorrowing. A year surely can make a great deal of difference. I'm glad that you've been able to find the blessings in this experience and I can't wait to see your little baby boy. Love you. Mom H