Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Great Outdoors

So the latest in the Hale's life... I started school two weeks ago, I am already dying for the end of the semester- how bad is that? Steve is still stayin really busy at work and trying to get ready to take the GMAT.

Over Labor day weekend we went for a hike with our friends Amber and Scott (the same hike that we went on with Steve's mom in March when I was miserable...) This time went a lot better than the first time. We started early so we stayed cool an dwe just had a lot of fun... For the first half of the hike anyways! When we got to the falls we got in the pools and were swimmin around to cool off and there is a nifty little rock slide. Steve and I went to go down it, and he went down just fine and then I stood up to go down and I took one step and my feet came out from under me and the next thing I knew I had landed right on my chin and cheek. All I could think about as I was lying on this rock was I just got a Traumatic Brain Injury, I guess that's the future SLP in me... Anyways it was a pretty nasty fall, I cut my chin and almost immediatly my chin started to swell up. Luckily, an ER doctor came over and gave us some ice and told us to super glue my chin closed! The worst part was we had to hike 3 miles out to get back to our car, but really I was just happy that I wasn't on my way to the ER!




My chin was pretty purple and blue for a couple of days, I really looked like a battered woman! Sorry about the drugged look on my face in these pictures, it was right before we went to bed and I was TIRED!

10 comments:

Kierst said...

It does look pretty brutal..glad you survived!

james said...

That's a pretty bad bump, somehow, I'm not surprised since Steve was somehow involved in this.

Good luck on the GMAT!

Sandra and Brent said...

Kalli,

Ouuuuch! So glad there was no traumatic brain injury! That looks like it may have been pretty painful. So, I've seen you looking better BUT I'm just happy to see you back on the blog! Love ya, Mom Hale

Hale-O There said...

looks like a giant hickey! Strangely I feel like I can relate our husbands are two of a kind especially when it comes to outdoors! I am glad you have survived yet another Hale hike- something crazy always happens. Love ya and hope the next pic you post your chin is all better:)

The Giffords said...

Ouch! Good thing there was an ER doc around.

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

Ouch, Kalli!! That hike must be cursed! You seem to have a bad time on it. I'm glad you didn't end up in the ER too. Sorry school stinks. Hope it gets better.

Mike and Erin Hale said...

So sorry. When Mike and I were first married, I got a knee board to the chin and it looked like that. I guess that's what we get for marrying those Hale's! We love tham though!! Hope it feels better soon.

The Walkers said...

Youch. Hope your face is okay.

Teresa :) said...

ouch! You poor girl, that sucks. Glad it turned out ok you guys look like you are doing good!

Heidi Brinton said...

Thats AWESOME!! i love battle wounds, then you will always remember that event better! haha but im glad your okay. why didnt steve carry you back to the car.. my goodness! :P