Saturday, August 9, 2008

The month of July!

The Month of July was a busy one! All sorts of stuff was going on and the blog just got away from me! So here is a brief run through of the last month of our lives!


Fourth of July

We spent our fourth of July in Tucson, and my parents and little sister came down and spent the night of the third and the day of the fourth with us! We played cards and initiated my family into the Hale tradition of Rook! On the fourth, we drove up to Mount Lemmon and had the loveliest day, the temperatures were all the way down in the 60's! We had a nice hike and the barbecued steaks and had all the regular fourth of July fixins... YUM!




First Anniversary

So the 14th of July was our one year anniversary-- I can't believe it has already been one year since we got married! It has been absolutely the best year of our lives. The week before our anniversary we were able to go to the temple and do sealings. It was so special to remember that incredible day. For our anniversary we went to Ruth's Chris steakhouse because that is where we went on our wedding night. It was sooo yummy! We would eat there every night if we could afford it :) And instead of giving eachother gifts we decided to get rid of our awful bed and get a new one, it has been really nice to get a good night's sleep. So I just posted a couple of our wedding pics and one from our anniversary dinner







BIG NEWS!!!

I know you are all thinking... Big news... Kalli is pregnant, but no... The big news is that I FINALLY beat Steve in Scrabble, in fact, I not only beat him but I spanked him. I won by like 50 points. We got scrabble for our wedding and I hadn't beat him until jus this month. This is a picture of my victory board! Wahoo!


Monsoon Season

Every July and August Tucson gets a monsoon season and it rains practically every day. Steve and I sit on our balcony alot and watch the lightning. It is really a cool thing about Tucson. It also brings a blessed break in the really hot weather. So this picture was taken from our balcony after an afternoon rainstorm. Rainbows happen a lot during monsoon season but I think this is one of the first double rainbows I've seen.



Fondue Party

We had a fondue party with our friends Troy and Nancee. We got a fondue pot for our wedding but hadn't ever used it. So we were excited when Troy and Nancee wanted to do one. They had a pot too, so we made peanut butter fondue and chocolate fondue. It was a feast! We will definitely do that more often



Camping at Rose Canyon Lake

We drove up to Mount Lemmon with our friends Scott and Amber. The funny thing about the whole adventure is we got there at like 8 on thursday night, Scott and Amber had to leave the next morning at like 9 and Steve and I left at like 2. So we weren't there for very long at all. But it was still really fun. We had tinfoil dinners and roasted marshmallows and made smores. While we were making smores a skunk ran through our camp! We were all terrified we would get sprayed but luckily it left! The next morning during our breakfast we saw a javelina, which is an ugly pig looking creature-- There is a picture down below! After Scott and Amber left, Steve and I went for a nice little hike for a couple of hours. We really enjoyed the cooler weather and time to spend together and with friends!





So that is life for us lately. I am about to finish my second summer semester on Wednesday. I can't wait. Then I get a ten day break before the fall semester starts-- wahoo! Steve has been extremely busy at work and had two trips to California this last month and he is really excited because he is going backpacking with a couple of guys in our ward this week ( I am just glad he is going with other guys and not trying to make me go!) Other than that Steve and I are both trying to study for our graduate admissions exams, so any advice on taking the GRE or the GMAT is totally welcome!

9 comments:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

I loved your wedding pics. Your hair is so pretty. Nice job at scrabble. I just beat Troy too, but it was only by about 7 points. Let's do fondue or camping or boating or all 3 soon.

Darrell and Alissa said...

Congrats on one year and scrabble- 2 HUGE things in one month!! You guys are always doing such fun things- makes us old poeple feel even older!!

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

Congratulations on the BIG 1! That did go by raelly fast. Dustin and I are Scrabble fans too. We are not allowed to play with eachother anymore uness we can agree we tied. We get a little competitive (really it's him, I'm innocent). You guys had abusy summer. Looks like fun.

Teresa :) said...

HEY KALLI JO IM GLAD TO SEE YOU ARE POSTING AGAIN. I USED TO CHECK ALOT MORE BUT I GAVE UP ON YOU. HAHA J/K IM REALLY A SLACKER AND HAVNT DONE MUCH BLOGGING FOR A WHILE. :) LOOKS LIKE YOU 2 ARE DOING GREAT.

BrieAnn said...

Okay, this was such a fun post! One YEAR, WOOOO-HOOOO! I loved your Scrabble board. Did you use a dictionary? I was impressed with sizy.

Jake is taking the GRE next week. He studied vocab the most. He made HUNDREDS of vocab cards and got to work memorizing them. I'll take a picture of them sometime - it really is crazy. A lot of times the GRE is just a tie breaker, so try to get the most points in what is most relevant to your program.

I love you!

Hale-O There said...

the scrabble win must've been a sweet victory! I have yet to beat scott at anything-grr! Thats what we get for marrying these Hale specimens:) I got your message- I was taking a nap when you called:( I love your pics scott and I check your blog out all the time, it's nice to feel like we know whats going on with you two.
love ya
rach

The Walkers said...

My goodness. What an informative post. Man, I wish you guys lived closer so we could do all those fun things with you. How is the GRE studying coming? Remember not to take it too seriously. I have been training for the past three days, and I actually report to my school for my first day of work tomorrow. crazy!!! Well, I'm glad you guys are getting out of the heat occasionally. Love you!

Hale-O There said...

kalli
how was your break? I was hoping you'd do a new post. MIss you two!

Sandra and Brent said...

Hi Kalli and Steve,
Love your blog . . . time for an update . . . I've been checking every day! I started my own blog. You can find me at sandraandbrent.blogspot.com. I'm still trying to figure it all out but I'm getting really excited about it. It makes me want to start taking pictures again. I miss you guys. Love ya, Mom