Thursday, August 13, 2009

I must be going crazy.

For those of you who don't know, Steve is a HUGE BYU football fan. He loves it, as he puts it, his "blood runs blue" and their first game of the season is less than one month. Normally by this time of the year, I have been inundated with BYU football stats, expectations, who is going to be a star etc. When I realized the other day that I haven't heard ANY of this talk I began to wonder if I was in some alternate reality, or if my real husband had been abducted by aliens or something crazy like that.

Then I asked Steve when the first game was... and he DIDN'T know.

It was right about now my heart started beating faster, and my breathing became shallow as I thought-- my husband doesn't know when BYU football starts-- He really must have been abducted by aliens.

All of a sudden I realized it was my real husband, he has just been so stinkin' busy he hasn't even had time for one of his favorite hobbies (reading ALL material related to BYU football and then giving me the breakdown!).

It was then that I told Steve to take a break from the endless studying and give me some BYU football information so I could feel normal! This is when he looked at me like he was the one in an alternate reality-- Did his wife just demand that he take time to read about sports and then tell her about it???? Seriously???

I think I am going crazy because it used to drive me crazy when he would spend so much time reading up and telling me about football. This year I kind of missed it :)

6 comments:

Mhari said...

LOL....I can have James call you and give you the Nebraska update any time you want. I get a daily countdown about when football season will start and how this baby will probably come during the national championship. Fun stuff!

Kierst said...

Are you telling me that I know that there is only 22 days until the BYU v. OK game and STEVE doesn't HA HA. That's rich

BrieAnn said...

CRAZY. Not that Steve didn't know, but that I did. Because they're playing OUR TEAM.

GO SOONERS!!!!!

The Giffords said...

I love the story. We are not big BYU fans here, so we have no idea about the stats, but I understand the being too busy part. I can't believe you guys are almost done with your semester and Mike just finished his first week.

Hey, I need your new address in Boston so I can send out our new address cards.

Hale-O There said...

I am waiting for that day to come when Scott forgets about BYU football!!!

Sandra and Brent said...

Kalli,
This is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time! Thanks for sharing your "life with an alien". If you're in big time withdrawl, just call Jordan and he'll give you a BIG fix. He's had the time to be rabid. It was good talking with you for a few minutes this afternoon. Have a great time on your big trip. Love ya, Mom Hale