Monday, August 3, 2009

What Have I been up to.....

I thought I should give an update of life around here. Since quitting my job I have had ALL KINDS OF FUN! In no particular order here are some of my adventures (and occasionally Steve comes along).

There is a small lake right in the middle of Cambridge with a nice walking path around it. Steve and I went and explored a little at sunset, it was beautiful!








Last week I had some girls over and taught them how to make strawberry jam. We had a great time and the jam was delicious!

There was a free Beach Boys concert at the outdoor hatch shell. Steve couldn't go because he had to much homework so I went with a friend and met up with Steve's classmates and their wives! We all brought picnics and played games while we listened. The weather couldn't have been more perfect for an outdoor concert.

Our friends' cute daughter stuffed like 4 giant grapes into her mouth and this was the result...


So I'm thinking about changing my profession to a hairstylist... just playing. However I did learn to highlight hair. My friend Brittany taught me and another friend to highlight her hair in exchange for doing our highlights. I do say, I think we did a pretty good job!


A couple of weeks ago I went ate Boston cream pie at the Omni Parker House hotel where it was invented. I hadn't ever had it before but it was soooo good, and so pretty that I almost didn't want to eat it.



That's what I've been up to!

As far as other stuff goes, Steve is busy as always but he is doing well. He pretty excited for the end of the semester coming up in about two weeks. We are planning a camping trip that takes us through Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont! We can't wait!

8 comments:

Kierst said...

Yea for playing and enjoying yummy treats! miss ya- can't wait to see you in a few weeks :)

Amber said...

That all looks like so much fun, I am sad I never had you teach me to make jam, we will have to do it someday!

Meg said...

Yay for fun stuff in Boston! I can't wait to come and experience it!

Hale-O There said...

fun times! I'm glad you've found some friends out there. That's awesome you know how to highlight hair!!!

Eli, Leslie & Victoria said...

Wow im jealous!! The weather looks great there! How long are you going to be there? Thats awesome you have made so many friends!

Sandra and Brent said...

What a fun post to browse through . . . I'm so glad that you're doing some fun stuff. Make sure that you take some pictures of your table "restoration" project! Love ya, Mom Hale

Sandra and Brent said...

Hey Kalli, Did you change the wallpaper on your blog? I'm thinking it's different but as you know I'm not exactly the queen of observation! Whatever . . . I love the orange color. Love ya, Mom Hale

Melissa said...

Ok- So I know this is random & I don't know if you remember me & my fam but I just happened to stumble upon your blog! Crazy! I am a Freeman, Emily Freeman's sis that you used to play with. So anyways, I can't believe you are married and everything, how fun. Sounds like life is great for you! So fun to see pics of your family after all these years! Take care!