FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, it happened. I am officially homesick. Not really for a specific place, but more for my family. So I'm calling all of YOU (you who are reading this are most likely my family...) to come to Boston for the best trip of your life.... and so I can fulfill my craving for family time! I'll even give up my bed so you don't have to sleep on an air mattress :)
I have been doing really well stay un-homesick and adjust to life here so far away from everyone I love, but with the holidays coming up I guess it was inevitable. Every Thanksgiving since I moved out I have been lucky enough to spend it with my parents and at least two sisters and sometimes extended family too. This time around we are doing it with friends which will be lovely, but I don't think it will be quite the same. Anyways, I just wanted to put that invitation out there, so just in case you have been hesitating to call on our hospitality... don't hesitate anymore... DO IT :)
Oh ya, and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
11 comments:
You know what the truth is? I'd rather be coming to spend time with you in Boston than going to New Zealand! Call me weird, but there it is. I'm so excited to see you guys this Christmas. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving . . . I'm sorry that you're feeling homesick, those first few holidays away from family can be tough but I'm sure you'll have a great time with your friends. Love ya, Mom Hale
Don't I wish we were coming out...it would be way more exciting than what we are doing- which is boycotting a turkey meal so have fun and I'm counting down the days! (less than 1 month away now)
I wish I was coming to Boston! I'm going to have to get creative. It was Boston or Austin in the near future, and I chose Austin because I won't be able to make the blessing in May. I'm the main cook this Thanksgiving, ahhh! I already miss rolls and stuffing, and going around a big table saying what we're thankful for...tear. Oh no, I just got homesick for people too!
Wish I could come. It would be a nice getaway! I hear ya on the homesick thing. My family is getting together in Vegas and I'm not able to make it this year! BOOOOOOOO!! I'm right there with ya!
I wish I could come out there. I know the being homesick thing. At least we have James' family close for Texas terms. We'll be thinking of you though and wish we could come hang out with you.
Love you!!!
I wish I could come see you or that you could be here! I've been missing you too these last couple months. I mean who will we have a 2nd turkey bowl with this year? Ha ha! Who'd have thunk that you'd actually want to see me now? Growing up, I don't think either of us would have thought that! luv ya tons, wish we were closer!
Kalli,
hopefully we will take you up on that sometime, I'd love to see Boston especially with you showing me around. SEe you so soon!
Oh Kalli. I'm sorry you're feeling homesick. The holidays are soon upon us. I want to see a post about your Thanksgiving festivities.
69 degrees! Holy smokes, that's perfect. The weather is totally not what I expected either. None of the snow stuck, but we're supposed to get a few more flurries with a more substantial snowfall on Tuesday. I think being so close to the late really messes with the weather predictions.
I got your voicemail and my phone has been broken, I am getting a new one tomorrow. I changed my blog address too.
SEe you soon!!!!!
i so wish we could come visit... and i hope we do before you move from there.... hehe:)
Post a Comment