I know this is a little late but that's just how I roll :) We had a great Thanksgiving! It was super chill and the food was excellent! We had two other couples over for dinner and we all pitched in so no one had too much work to do. We had a late dinner and then we played games for a couple of hours, watched a couple of movies and everyone went home! I included a couple of pictures from our day.
I love Thanksgiving! This year especially. I was feeling so homesick and sorry for myself at first but I realized that I have so much to be thankful for! I am a member of the true church, and I have the best husband ever, I have an amazing family, I am in graduate school getting my education, and the list goes on. I am so thankful for everything I have!
The moment you've all been waiting for....
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in August (when I had all kinds of free time), I decided it would be a great idea to repaint our table and chairs. These chairs are probably at least 40 years old and still had the original finish and upholstering. Needless to say they were in pretty bad condition-- as you can see in these pictures....
So in August I primed, and painted for HOURS! I got everything all painted and it looked awesome but we never really got around to finishing the re-upholstering of the chairs.... We tried once and it was really hard- so we stopped... and didn't try again for like 3 months :) But when we found out we would be hosting Thanksgiving we figured our guests might enjoy sitting on chairs, so it was time to finish the project!
Steve was the mastermind behind finishing the upholstering. He thought we should make a fitted cover, and he even made up the pattern! My role was to sew the covers and he would use a staple gun to attach them. First we made a prototype out of old fabric and tested it to make sure the pattern would work. It did! I think they turned out really great!
As for life right now, its GREAT! We are so close to finishing this semester and getting out of Boston for a while! Steve finishes everything next Tuesday and flies to SLC on Wednesday morning. I won't get to leave until the 21st but it won't be too bad. Steve will have more fun in Utah than with me stressing out anyway! I'm so excited to get to spend so much time with our families over the break. I just CAN'T WAIT! Can you tell I'm excited????
10 comments:
I'm so glad you told the story of your table at the end. It looks amazing! I was admiring it back in the Thanksgiving tablescape photos. What a fun post. This was one of my favorite Thanksgivings too.
PS: You should post pictures of your whole apartment.
Love the table redo! Looks great!!! Your Thanksgiving table decor looks amazing too! Bet those other 2 couples were so happy you hosted!
YEAH! I am so glad you finally posted your table project. Looks great. And I'm so excited that you are almost done with school and ready to come visit!
Wow. I can't believe those are the same chairs and table. Troy and I are very impressed. We would like to think we played a small part in your beautiful Thanksgiving decor.
Your table looks amazing! I can't believe your mad skills, when did you learn to re-upholster chairs?! Alright you seriously need to come back and help me to be crafty again.
Kalli! Loved this post ... your beautiful new table and chairs, your yummy looking Thanksgiving spread, the decorations on the table and that amazing carrot souffle! How did you guys get it to unmold so perfectly? I still haven't been able to get it out of the pan properly, even after all these years. We're so excited for you guys to come for the holidays. Did you get your alarms fixed yet? Love, Mom Hale
Wow the Table looks awesome, what a difference that made. The alarm thing is so funny- that happened to us our first year at USU and we never figured out the problem. We also never reconnected them;) Looking forward to next week!
First of all, I'm SO excited for you guys to come. Secondly, I LOVE your red table. It is so so cute. Your Indians looked so cute on your table. Whoever gave those to you must have good taste :) Also, I'm majorly impressed by the carrot souffle. Mom is never able to make hers look that pretty. Well done Steve-o. Can't wait to see you tomorrow.
Fun post, Kalli! Love the table and chairs. I really liked your centerpiece too! Very cute ideas! Glad you giys are getting a break and spending time with family!
Okay Kalli, it's time to update (yeah, I know, I need to update also) but I really want you to blog the story about getting locked out of your apartment. It's a great story and needed to be chronicled. Waiting, waiting . . . . love ya, Mom Hale
Post a Comment