Thursday, July 12, 2012

Spring 2011


Well after Winter comes spring... Here are some of our Spring 2012 highlights!

We had an unseasonably warm spring like temperatures in the 60's, 70's, 80's from February until May! We spend a lot of time outside and hangin' out, riding bikes, playing with our nieces and nephews and I suffered through the last two months of school!



We took a hike up to Bear Lake in RMNP one day in late April and were surprised to find feet of snow still hanging around up there. So our hike turned into a short walk during which we took a lot of time to talk and enjoy the scenery. This has become one of my favorite places in the park. It is beautiful.



Steve had his 32nd birthday in May and we invited some friends over for games and dessert. Steve got his favorite- Lava cakes with Blue Bell vanilla ice cream.


Over Memorial day we met up with Steve's family and family friends in Durango, CO for the weekend. One of the highlights was going to Mesa Verde National Park. We spent a day there exploring the Anasazi Indian ruins. It is crazy to imagine that people actually lived in these cliff dwellings. They were these tiny little houses built into the cliffs with sandstone and they lived there all year! I can't imagine that they were ever truly comfortable but they made it work! Some of the pictures are below...



These round rooms used to have roofs on them and in the winter they would build fires in these rooms and that was their source of warmth

Adelaide loved playing in the dirt!




Climbing up an 40 foot ladder after seeing some ruins...


These were Steve and I's LUXURY accomodations in Durango! haha This room was 4 feet by 8 feet and I have no idea how they even got these bunkbeds in the closet! We actually were sharing a room with Steve's parents but had to switch because I couldn't sleep with snoring! haha. Abbie and Annie graciously gave up the bunk beds and took our queen bed :)

 
A dramatic sky over Lake MacIntosh


We got to go see Landon Donovan and David Beckham play the CO Rapids in soccer. They totally dominated the Rapids and we had fun watching them play!

We had to write our names on white pieces of tape and put them on hats for the training... after the training we all stuck our pieces of tape to Brent's bum! It took him hours to realize... haha
We went to a defensive handgun training course in Las Vegas for a weekend. Steve had already been to a different class last summer with his dad and brothers, this time girls were invited to go. I was really nervous about the whole gun shooting thing but I actually ended up having a lot of fun. It probably helps that I was pretty good at it :) We stayed for an extra day in Vegas and went to a Cirque du Soleil show. We had a fun time and loved the show!


 
My sister had a baby in the spring and after school got out I was able to go visit for a week and 'help out' with the baby. Although I don't know how much I helped... she is a pretty chill baby! And look how adorable she is!


1 comments:

Kierst said...

Yea for family time!