Tuesday, August 28, 2012

It's a ...................

 BOY!!!!

 
Yep. We are having a baby boy!!!! I have almost NO experience with boys big or little because I have four sisters but- can't wait to learn. I'm excited our other kids will have a big brother and every one says that boys are harder in the early years but way easier in the teenage years. I think I can handle that :) Steve is thrilled because he's been calling our baby a 'he' or 'him' or 'his' since day 1. This combined with the fact that he won a bet with me about 'triumphal' being a real word, has made him think that he's right "all of the time". PSHHHHHH He wishes!
 
The ultrasound revealed a healthy baby boy whom they estimate to be in the 95th percentile for weight! Yikes! I also have placenta previa which is a relatively common condition that means I will have to have a c-section unless the placenta moves out of the way. So far we haven't had any luck with it moving. I really wanted to have a natural birth but I'm not sure if that's in the cards for me this time. They said they will check again at 28 weeks to see if it's moved. If it hasn't odds are it won't. We are hoping it will move but I've been thinking of the positives of this condition- here's my list...
1. I get more ultrasounds than your average pregnant woman
2. I will get paid longer if I have to have a c-section
3. I get to pick the birthdate of my son
4. (I'm still working on four but I'm sure it exsists)
 
I'm still feeling great- I find the worst symptom I'm experiencing are the crazy ups and downs of hormone shifts! I keep getting caught off guard and not realizing what/how I'm feeling until I've been cranky for a day or two. If I make sure I'm exercising and staying active I do a lot better than when I don't, so I'm trying really hard to stay on top of that bit. I still crave protien way more than sweets... I would take a rotisserie chicken over ice cream {almost} any day. I looked in my lunch box today and realized that I had brought a peanut butter and honey sandwich, apple and peanut butter, nut protien bar and cashew-almond clusters, carrots and a cheese stick..(Don't worry I didn't eat all of it but I bring tons of food just in case my blood sugar drops to a crazy level!) I just laughed at the amount of peanut butter/nuts that were in my lunch. Ha.
 
 Here are some 'belly' pictures, though I still feel like I'm in the inbetween stage where people look at me and wonder "hmmm did she just gain a few pounds or....?"
Although the other day, we ran into an acquaintance of Steve's at a work party, and he said "Hi" and immediately said something like "So is this your first or do you have others at home?" Steve and I were both taken a little aback by that because people aren't typically so blunt about asking those types of question to near complete strangers, but hopefully that means I'm actually starting to look preggers.

This is at 21 weeks

19 weeks
 
 
The money shot.... There's really no question in our minds if the sonographer was right. The picture speaks for itself eh?

7 comments:

Meg said...

Yeah, finally some belly shots...even though you're right, you still don't have much of one! But the pics are cute and I'm excited to meet this new nephew!

Mhari said...

Soo cute! Although I'm beginning to dislike you as much as Kiersty with how little you still are at this far along. :-( I was HUGE!

Kierst said...

Yea for pictures! I guess we will concede that Steve was right at least once... :)

Maggie & Nate said...

I had NO experience with boys either (not as bad as you - off by 1) but boys are a TON of fun! Steve will help you & I think diapers are a lot harder on girls then guys...so I have decided myself (due to me not having any girls but I know through experience of changing nieces)
Boys are so fun & enjoyable (talk to Mhari)

Congrats & hopefully everything will continue to go smoothly.

The Walkers said...

That's pretty bold for that guy to mention you being pregnant. Especially considering how NOT pregnant you look. I look at a positive pregnancy test and my belly swells. You look great! Good luck dealing with the ups and downs of pregnancies. Let's pray that placenta moves!

The Walkers said...

That's pretty bold for that guy to mention you being pregnant. Especially considering how NOT pregnant you look. I look at a positive pregnancy test and my belly swells. You look great! Good luck dealing with the ups and downs of pregnancies. Let's pray that placenta moves!

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Very cool. So excited for you guys. Keep the belly pics coming.