This summer FLEW by! I loved the break from work and the chance to rest because I was soooooo tired all of the time; Like a tired that I've never experienced in my life- Ever. I got a new bike which was very I was very excited about. We went on an 'easy' trail with 'gentle' uphill grades (well so said the review online). Really it was an incredibly steep hill and a rocky looking trail! It was kind of a bust of bike ride for me because I'm terrified of mountain biking. We had a good view of the valley though :)
A huge fire broke out in Fort Collins about 45 minutes away from us. This is the cloud of smoke that we saw for weeks. Surprisingly enough, the smoke didn't effect us much because it mostly blew north and east.
I wanted to take some of the extra time I had this summer and try new culinary experiences... this is a picture of one of the experiments- Ratatouille. It really looks beautiful eh? However, the recipe I used was seriously lacking in flavor and a major disappointment! I need the recipe that was used in the movie I guess :)
Culinary Adventure #2: Coconut Souffle, topped with a dark chocolate coconut sauce. This was the opposite of disappointment, pure culinary delight!
At the end of June we headed off for Lake Powell. All of Steve's family minus Mike, Erin and family were there and so were the family friends the Mays and Steve's canadian relatives joined us on the boat! Three of us were preggers and there were more small children than there ever have been when we've gone to Lake Powell so it was a bit of a different trip but we all still had a great time. It was weird not to be able to get out behind the boat at all but I got a sweet tan and read a lot! Worst part of the trip: Steve biffing it doing a wakeboard trick having temporary memory loss and giving himself a concussion... Best part of the trip: Steve's little sis, Annie, got engaged officially to Joey. It was fun to get to see them right after he proposed! And you read that right everyone, my kids get to have an 'Uncle Joey' just like the Tanners did on Full House!
The happily engaged couple!
0 comments:
Post a Comment