Sunday, March 2, 2008

Playing Catch-Up

I have to admit that my attempt at blogging hasn't been very successful but I will attempt to catch up on the happenings of our lives since Decemeber! First of all Steve and I had an amazing Christmas in Utah, we did all kinds of great things like spend time with family, snowboard, played a million games of cards, and played in the snow!







Christmas morning.... opening presents






Basically I wrapped Steves most wanted christmas present first with wrapping paper, then with duct tape, then with packing tape, then again with wrapping paper. It was really hilariuos to watch him try to open his Garmin forerunner 305 Wristtop GPS running tool! (Every time steve says the name of this watch he says the WHOLE title!)



Christmas Day, Brent (Steve's dad) Steve, Annie (Steve' s sister) and I all went sledding at cheese park. I am ashamed to say that it was my very first time...






So my sister and brother in law have season tickets to the Utah Flash basketball team, and we went to a game with them and they have some hookups there that got us courtside seats! It was really awesome, we had a great time there. In the picture you can see Dale Strawberry's sons behind, thats how close we were! Steve also talked to the Ukrainian Jazz player, he got his autograph and said thank you in Russian, it was special! (The Ukrainian one is on the left)







We spent a lot of time honing my snowboarding skills, and I am proud to say I had A LOT of improvement, I can sort of ride down the mountain all by myself as long as I don't have to much speed!




Our last night in Utah was New Years Eve, and we just hung out with Steve's family some more and played games and a lot of cards!



After Christmas Vacation...

So like 3 days after we got home from Utah I had to get my wisdom teeth out (I have pictures but no one will ever see them!) It was really a terrible experience, I got dry sockets on both sides of my jaw and they hurt for like 3 weeks! The oral surgeon did try to help by putting medicated packets that taste like the worst thing you've ever tasted in you life, in my mouth. So my entire last week and a half of Christmas vacation was bascially spent on our couch in our living room watching movie, after movie after movie and eating nothing but applesauce and mashed potatoes. I was somewhat less than impressed.


When we got back from Utah Steve found out that the program he has been working on for Raytheon for about the last year was awarded the contract from the Army! That was good news. They had a really fancy victory party at the southwestern ranch here in Tucson. There was an open bar, and dancing. I think it pretty much goes without saying that drunk people are really fun to watch dance!


School this semester is tough. I am taking 18 upper division classes (two of which I do not have the pre-req's for). Enough said.




The day after school started Steve and I ditched and headed up the the White Mountains of Arizona to go snowboarding again. It was our first weekend getaway together. It was so much fun, and the weather was a whole lot different than when we went in Utah, I was so hot!

For Valentines Day I bought Steve a plane ticket to Utah to go snowboarding. Really I thought I would be just fine because we have now been married for 7 months. I was totally wrong! He left on Thursday evening and by Thursday night I wanted him home already! Haha, it's definitly the first time we've been apart since our marriage and I really don't like it! He had a great time though, he got to go snowboarding for 2 whole days, with people who were really good (...not me!) and said it was really fantastic, except for me not being there of course!

Well that wraps up our lives to date! I'm pretty sure this is like the longest blog ever but next time I will try to not wait three months before writing a new one!

7 comments:

{ Bethany } said...

Awww your snow clothes are so cute!! Just wait, before you know it it'll be your 1st anniversary :)

Kierst said...

yeah! you are starting again...hope you are enjoying having your man back again...

Teresa :) said...

hey Cous! Im glad to see you are on the blogging train. Check us out and if its ok Im going to add you on my fav's. Cute pics! :)

Eli, Leslie & Victoria said...

you guys look soo freakin cute!! love the pics!!

Darrell and Alissa said...

Is this freaking you out that everywhere you turn- HERE I AM??!! We have a blog too- if you get bored and want to read how exciting and entertaining our life is- feel free!

Audrey Taylor said...

Hi Kalli,
Congratualtions again on finding Steve (well maybe he found you, I don't know the story.) Anyway your hair is so long and pretty!!!

BrieAnn said...

I'm ready for some more catch-up, please! Is school over yet? I miss you!!