This is the beginning of our hike, as you can see we all started out happy...
The canyon was a beautiful desert scene when we went, everything was flowering and so gorgeous
Finally, like 7 miles later we made it to our destination 7 Falls. It was beautiful. It took me a while to admit that it was worth it. I had to be miserable for a while! Poor Steve and Sandra!
Steve LOVED this place... now he is just wondering if I will ever go back!
Easter
For Easter, Sandra gave us this nice basket and instead of an easter egg hunt we had a easter basket hunt. Steve won, dang it!
We got these cool really strong magnets in our basket, notice the end fingers, the magnets are just staying there! (ok i think its cool anyways)
For the rest of the weekend, we went up to Mesa to spend Easter sunday with my family. We had a family get together and we saw the Easter pageant at the Mesa temple. It was really fun to spend time with both of our familes at the same time! Sandra left on Tuesday morning, we were so sad to see her go. We had so much fun together. I feel very fortunate to have a mother-in-law I can love so much! We hope she comes back!
Pima County Fair
We babysat for a couple in our ward for a night so they could go to the fair, and they ended up giving us a free admission to the fair! So we went and it was really fun. We saw all kinds of animals, (they even had elephants!) and we walked around all of the 4-H animals there were the craziest looking llama's you've ever seen! We saw some trained bears and African acrobats, and ate a funnel cake which was very tasty! We had a lot of fun.
This particular llama liked Steve a lot, I missed when he was trying to give Steve a kiss!


The happy graduates

Steve thinks he is a rockstar...

She was really tired...

Yeah for cute colored flats!

So Brittany decided to go to BYU for college, (which makes Steve so happy) so steve took her on a tour of campus and she bought the same BYU t-shirt that I have! It was special!


"Wakeboarding"
Nancee and Erica- she makes the funniest faces! We were laughing all day long!
Just me and Steve havin' fun!
Most Recently...
So most recently in our lives, on May 14, we hit our 10 month anniversary! I seriously can't believe it has already been 10 months, but at the same time I feel like we've been married so much longer! Also, Steve made a design at work for the tank round that he works on. It was tested and it worked! There is still a lot of testing to be done and stuff but there is a chance it could go into production. So we were really excited about that. Also he got promoted from and Engineer 1 to an Engineer 2. So it means he now has more responsibility and he is moving up! I am so proud of him he is a great engineer! Also I just finished school today. Well, I am done for a week and a half before I start summer school but I am so happy to be done with this semester. It has been kind of brutal, but I guess a good learning experience. This last school year is the first time since like the 7th grade I have been able to maintain a 4.0. I am really happy about that. I didn't think I would ever do it!
So in honor of my year of 4.0 Steve bought me a digital piano! I am so excited I have been dying to play the piano for a while now but never had a place to play, so it has been wonderful being able to brush up on those skills that have greatly diminished! I have given Steve 2 piano lessons and he is doing great. He can already play 4 songs and practices everyday! My little prodigy....
That is our lives up to this point. Basically we are soo happy and enjoying life! I couldn't ask for more really. Steve is such a great husband and so supportive of me in everything I do!
4 comments:
Hey it looks like you guys are doing great. Even though I haven't met Steve yet he loks like a pretty nice guy.
Wow, you guys have been really busy. by the way, we are jealous that you are going to Lake Powell. We would love to go again, just not this year with a new baby. Have fun in summer school and congrats on the 4.0.
YEA for bloggin again...i always like reading yours even if i already know most everything...the hike looked brutal- way to make it through even if you were ornery..
Hi I am so excited to have updates on you guys. You look so happy I can't believe you've almost been married a year. It looks like you guys are having so much fun. I'm sorry for you about the wakeboarding trip. It's a bummer to not to get when you get all excited about it. We just got the boat all ready to go out so hopefully in the next two weeks we will be able to go out to Lake Mary (very cold but it's the only lake we have close so we suck it up). I'll post pics once we go out. We should all get together sometime and go. I think we are going to trade Powell for Roosevelt this year but I guess we'll see.
Post a Comment