I have made a new resolve to keep up with the blog thing! So yesterday we went on another hike in Sabino Canyon. We went with our friends Amber and Scott, and had a lot of fun. We decided that it is probably our last one there until the weather cools down. We are going to have to move our hiking to Mount Lemmon. Mount Lemmon is always like 25-30 degrees cooler at the top than Tucson is. It is a summer haven! Anyways, the desert was still beautful. All of the cacti are blooming right now and there is still a lot of green plants. Steve became Mr. Artistic and took like a million nature photos, but I have to give him credit a lot of them turned out really cool. I survived this hike much better than the last one. Probably because we were only there for about 2 and half hours!
So I realize there are going to be a lot of pictures but I just want you all to know that Arizona can be pretty if you see it the right way!
This time I decided to just bring frozen ice packs to keep myself cool. It turned out to be a great idea! I was much more pleasant this hike!
We saw a ton of these little lizards running around. Steve wanted to catch one and bring it home but was afriad they were poisonous. We when got home we looked them up and found out they are called collered lizards, and they aren't poisonous. Upon finding that out, Steve has decided that collered lizard would be his pet of choice and keeps asking me if we can get one!
5 comments:
I am so jealous of all of your hiking. I love Love LOVE hikes. So next spring you and Steve should hike up to Flat Iron in the Superstitions. It's amazing. You can see all across the valley, and little planes fly below you. It is an amazing hike. And I say Spring because the wild flowers at the base of the the mountain are beautiful. The actual hike is full of surprises. Start/park in Lost Dutchman State Park.
I don't know if I'd be down with a reptile pet...but the lizard is pretty cool in pictures.
Love you tons!
PS: I have crazy hiccups right now!
I am such a wimp with outdoor things! I love the thought of it, and the first hour- but then I'm so DONE!
Cool pictures Kali. You're right, the desert is much pretier when you look at it the right way. You have to stop and narrow in. Love the ice pack idea.
Kalli! I didn't know you had a blog! You better update more often, so I can see what you are up to:)
I love the pouting when you were too hot.... its soo funny. Me and Tori will be back to visit july 8-29 then we are moving to 29 Palms, ca.... im soo excited!!! its hot but its time to move again... hope you have a great weekend
Leslie
Post a Comment