The Wednesday before memorial day weekend Brittany (my littlest sister) graduated from high school! We were able to make it to her graduation. She had a solo and did sooo good! I am so proud of her. She literally amazes me, I could never get up and sing in front of so many people. I am bummed too because she is going to BYU in the fall and we have gotten to see her so much! Congratulations!
Yosemite
Over Memorial Day weekend Steve and I went to Yosemite with his family and their family friends the May's. These memorial day vacations are a long-standing tradition in his family. This last one was the 21st! We had a ton of fun in spite of the weather hanging between 40 and 50 degrees with intermitent rain the whole weekend. The only day that was sunny and nice were the day Steve and I got there (65 degrees), and the day we left (60 degrees)!
This tree looked like the jaws of death, that's why we're scared. We could have been eaten :)
Steve's birthday was spent rafting the Tuolemne River. It was like 40 degrees and raining the whole day! One of our guides said that was the coldest he has ever ran that river. Needless to say, everyone tried as hard as they could to stay in the boat and not to fall in! I had done a little bit of rafting before and thought I sort of knew what to expect, ummm no. I had no idea! This river had all the way up to class 4 rapids, I had never been in such crazy water!
1 comments:
Wow Kalli your an adventurer... im to chicken to go rafting... it looks really cold to.. well i bet it was great spending time with your fil(family in law)!! hope your doing good!
Post a Comment