So I realize that all of my blog posts lately are inundated with pictures but I just can't help myself! So please understand that with lake powell we compiled everyone's pictures and had like 1040 pictures to choose from, I really consolodated! But here you have it.....
The first week of June we spent a week in lake powell with Steve's family, his Canadian cousins, and our brother-in-law, Jordan's family. There was like 22 of us on the boat. It was so much fun, we played on the boat, played a lot of cards, ate good food and enjoyed time with our family so much. I have decided that Lake Powell really is one of my favorite places to be.
This was our home for the week....
+006.jpg)
And this was our playground....
+002.jpg)
This water weenie ride actually turned quite bad, Michelle (third girl back), and I hit heads on one of our crashes and it actually burst her ear drum! It was the first day in Lake Powell... She took it like a champ though. She seriously didn't even cry. I always knew I had a hard head!
+015.jpg)
+072.jpg)
The boys came away with no injuries, if you can believe it.
+245.jpg)
I really tried to talk Steve out of cliff jumping, he didn't listen of course but it made a pretty cool picture, eh?
Here most of the boys and Racheal swam over to a cliff in our little cove (I know you can't tell it's a cliff but there is a drop-off into the water.) They climbed around for a while and then thought it would be really cool or really manly to push big rocks into the water to make big splashes.... it was highly entertaining to watch from a distance.+004.jpg)
Steve is such a great wakeboarder, it's so fun to watch him do crazy stuff that I would never even think of trying. He loves every second of it though, it looks like quite a rush to be so high in the air!
Laura and I took a crazy tube ride together, we went through the biggest waves. We seriously could have been in the ocean. +137.jpg)
Hangin' on....
But not quite hard enough!
+281.jpg)
This lizard was the ugliest lizard I have ever seen, it hung out right outside of our houseboat, but everytime someone went to look at it, it ran away. Finally we got a peek at it after a couple of days of chasing it.
Steve and his first time wakesurfing+091.jpg)
Over the week I had to have played at least 10 or more games of rook. This is our last day and I finally won my very first game ever of Rook. What an exciting day!
+002.jpg)
+024.jpg)
+051.jpg)
We went on a really cool slick rock hike on Sunday, It was really pretty. Calvin (the dog) killed a lizard on this hike, it was pretty sad. Poor lizard...
Best Part of the Trip...
Last year at Lake Powell I spent the entire week trying to get up on the wakeboard. I finally got up for the first time on the very last day on the very last boat run of the whole trip. I basically spent the week doing this.... (the picture below)
But this year at Lake Powell, I was able to get up and I got a little adventurous and I jumped! I got some air going into the wake! It was really exciting, I have never really gotten air anywhere besides a trampoline. I have to say that wakeboarding is so much more fun when you can actually get up! Woohoo!
+012.jpg)
+199.jpg)
+279.jpg)
6 comments:
Those are seriously some of the greatest pictures!! I love the facial expressions!
Sweet pictures. Steve, your family always has the coolest trips. Maybe someday, I'll be as cool as you guys!!!
Man, wake boarding looks good on you Kalli.
Kalli, I love the post!! I'm so glad to be finally introduced to your blog. Keep up the procrastination.
You guys are very sporty. I bet that dog was scared to death to be there.
Man do I wish Erin and I could have been there. Next year when we go Kalli I want you to "throw a tantrum"
Post a Comment