Ok, for those of you who don't know, Steve and I have been going through the painful process of applying to graduate school since about December. We have interviewed and then waited for what seems like forever, but we are starting to hear back! First of all, I heard that I got into the University of Utah. We were really excited! Then this Sunday, we were on a walk and Steve got a phone call which told him that he has been accepted to MIT's Leaders for Manufacturing program (it's a combined MBA and Master of Engineering)!!!!!! WE WERE SOOOOO EXCITED! Then the worry began. Like what if I don't get into the Emerson (the school I applied to in Boston), what would we do etc. etc. Anways, the very next day (yesterday), I went to the mailbox and what did I find? A big fat package from Emerson. I called Steve so we could open it "together" and.... I GOT ACCEPTED TOO!!!! I felt like Rory on the Gilmore Girls, when she is waiting to hear from college and she and Loreli go the mailbox and there is a package for Rory. Loreli says- It's a big one- they don't send the big ones to the one's they reject! We also got the official word from BYU MBA that Steve has been accepted there too.
So that is our big news for now. We are so excited. Now we are trying to make that really big decision of where to go! Just thought we would let all of you know!
In America...?
7 months ago
14 comments:
That's so funny, I was just thinking about you today and was wondering if you had heard anything. Well, when I signed unto my trusty google reader tonight, I saw you had posted, so that was the first one I went to. Congrats!!!! We are going to miss you guys. Let's do fondue again soon.
Hooray!!!! Now you'll know what it's like to live around a bunch of flaming liberals too. Mike says Boston is a great city, but I don't think he's ever been there. Is Boston in Michigan? Congrats to both of you!!
YAY for the good news! I can't believe you heard from four schools so fast! Boston would be such a neat experience, and MIT and Emerson are AWESOME acceptances. Utah would be great for the family and "outdoors" factor. Have you heard about the financial offerings yet? I like it when schools send that information with the acceptance so you can really weigh your options.
I am so happy for you guys!
Can't tell you how pleased we are for you. So cool that you've BOTH been accepted in two different states. Congratulations and love to both of you. Love, Mom and Dad H.
Oh, and have you heard something from Chicago? I need more info before I can make an informed decision on your poll.
Congrats! I wish you all the best in making this tough decision.
It's actually really weird. We officially received his financial package from Chicago, and it's the 2/3 fellowship [I wrote about what that actually is in a previous post]. 4 out of the 9 schools he applied to were not musicology programs, and we heard back from the last of those 4 over the weekend. He wasn't accepted to any of them. Chicago is pretty much the top musicology program in the country, so it's almost a done deal, unless we get oodles and gobs of money from another school. We still haven't heard from UPenn, UVA, UNC, and UCLA. UPenn is the other top school, UCLA is up there, but there have been a few changes in the department that they're still working out. Blah Blah Blah, I'm sure you know how one could talk about all this stuff forever, but I'll end here for now.
Why isn't Tucson an option on the poll? That's my vote.
Congratulations!!! I'm hoping that you'll go East so that you'll be closer when we come back to the states (Probably to DC). I'm excited for you guys!
congrats... that is awesome, it would be so fun if you came to utah, then we could see you more... come see us in idaho too.
So I totally remember that Gilmore Girls episode. Loved that show.
Congrats again but sucks how far away you will be now. GIRLS TRIP!!!
That is all so Exciting! Congrats again!
Love ya
Oh my gosh Kalli that is so awesome!! The east coast is great! You will have to go vaction in VA for me. haha. Thats so cool that you guys have options too, to decide from which is best for you both....
GREAT!! let me know what place you decide!!
Post a Comment