Friday, April 10, 2009

Behold our future

We went out to Boston last week for the MIT admitted students weekend. It was really fun. It really reaffirmed to us that this move is going to be a good thing for us. We really enjoyed Boston too! It rained pretty much the whole time we were there. It was a strange kind of rain, it would just mist and you would hardly know it was raining. It was like this every day except the last day when it POURED- which was a bummer because that was our site-seeing day. Needless to say we didn't get a lot of site-seeing done because we were carting all of our luggage. We did go see Emerson and walked around the Boston Common. We are excited to get to see more!


This is on the Boston common- there are a bunch of monuments around it.


These pictures are for you Sandra-- there is a "frog pond" at the Boston Common-- it was empty while we were there though...


Emerson is right in the middle of downtown Boston! It is well disguised amongst a host of skyscrapers and theaters with huge marquees, it is right smack in the middle of the theater district! My building is an old renovated bank and the program is housed on 3 floors- that' s it!


In front of the Harvard library... I think...


In the subway station by MIT there are these pipes in the middle of the tracks and you swing the handle (what steve is doing above) and you try to get the hammers to hit the pipes and it makes music! We entertained ourselves with this a lot while waiting for the train!


These Pictures are our new apartment! We looked at probably 20 apartments without finding anything we really loved. This was the last apartment we looked at and as soon as we walked in this apartment we were pretty much sold! It is the third floor of a three story home. The house is a super cute old white house with yellow shutters. It was one of the nicest apartments we saw for the money. It's a one bedroom, 1 bath with a little office space and right outside of Harvard square which seems like a really nice safe area. We are really excited about it!


Bay window in the living room


Living room/ dining room


Little Bathroom


Kitchen


Bedroom closet

Bedroom


Office Area


We really had a great time and are getting really excited for our move! It is coming right up- we have five more weeks in Tucson!

13 comments:

Laurel said...

BEAUTIFUL apt....soooo jealous of the cool architecture you get to live in!!! :) Sweet. I love Boston. YOu guys will love it!

Maggie & Nate said...

That move will be incredible!!! We might move there in about 1 1/2 yrs we will see what grad school Nate gets into...we will let you know...

BrieAnn said...

Great apartment! I love Love LOVE old houses. I think it's great that you're close to a fun area.

Five weeks, holy smokes!

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Still so sad you are moving, but it looks like you have great things in store for you. Let's hang out again soon.

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

How fun! Cute apartment. I love the character of the old homes. I would live in one, but my husband has issues with them. Good luck you guys!

The Walkers said...

Hooray! You finally updated! Your apartment looks like it will be such a great place to live. How exciting to get to discover all of the cool places in Boston. I loved that your program is housed inside a bank. How cool is that?

Eli, Leslie & Victoria said...

Kalli the apartment looks great!!! I bet your soo excited! I bet your mamma is worried! haha love ya be safe!

james said...

This is awesome. I'm super excited for you guys. I hope we make it back to D.C. while you are there. Not that the two cities are all that close, but they are close enough. Good luck in the cross country move!

Sandra and Brent said...

I finally got a minute to sit down to my computer. I loved browsing your pictures of your Boston trip. Thanks for including the frogs for me! I want some for my front flower beds! The apartment looks great. Can't wait to see you guys . . .four weeks and counting. Love ya, Mom H.

Hale-O There said...

That is sweet! I have only been to boston once and it was so brief i don't remember all the universities. Your apt. looks really cute and that's great it has a decent closet and big kitchen. I am really happy for you two! SEe you soon

Audrey Taylor said...

Wow, how exciting! This looks like a beautiful area! How long will you be here? It's like living on an extended vacation. Ben and I should pack some sleeping bags, send the kids to grandma's and come visit!

Annie Hale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie Hale said...

Boston looks so sweet! Like I said before, if it couldn't be Utah I'm happy you're living in a cool place like Boston that I can visit! I'm so excited to see you guys so soon.. it's been FOREVER.