Over Mother's Day weekend we got together with all of my family for a quick reunion before Steve and I took off. We had a great weekend filled with good food and lots of fun. We hung out played games, went to the zoo, watched movies and ate at Bahama Bucks twice... yum. We spent Saturday at the Phoenix Zoo and saw all sorts of animals. Unfortunately it was sooo hot and the animals were all quite lethargic and were mostly being boring. The orangutans we super cute and very entertaining to watch though! I am soooooo glad we got to do this before we moved so far! Love you guys!
Keeping cool at the splash pad, really it was meant for kids but we took full advantage. The only bad part was we were always dry like five minutes after we soaked ourselves.
I'm a college graduate! It all seemed a bit anticlimactic but I am glad I walked anyways. I can't believe I'm done. I keep trying to think of all of things I want to cram into the next week before I have to "go back to school" but I have three and half months until I start again, woohoo! Luckily my graduation was only about an hour and half. Then Steve, my mom, mom hale, dad hale and my aunt nanette went out for a lovely dinner at the Olive Garden to celebrate. The next morning was moving day.
We started our road trip to Boston on Friday morning and drove to Amarillo, Texas that night. The next day we went through Oklahoma, and stopped in St. Louis, MO. The next day it was onto Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and stopped in Pennsylvania for the night. Monday we drove the rest of the way through PA, then into New York, Connecticut and finally Massachussetts! I have never ever driven so far and I'm not sure I want to do it again. We had a great time driving with Mom and Dad Hale though. Thanks so much for all of your help guys!
We stopped for some Braums Ice cream, we had heard that it is really good and we weren't dissapointed!
When we got to Boston at like 5 in the afternoon, the traffic was CRAZZZZY. It was like there were no rules and we were driving in Mexico or something. I couldn't believe it. When we pulled in to our apartment our new ward was there to help us unload the truck and they were GOOD. We had it unloaded in like 45 minutes. It was awesome! I will post more pictures of the apartment when it is all put together. It is coming right along.
Graduation Celebration dinner #2. We went to Ruths Chris steakhouse in Boston and got a yummy steak for dinner after a very LONG day of trying to figure out how to register our car... It doesn't sound that bad but it was terrible!
4 comments:
You two are c-c-Crazy fools, but it all looks super exciting. Jake said you should have got a chocolate shake from Braum's. But I think he forgives you.
I can't wait to see your apartment all put together. I know it will be awesome!
So I feel like I was with you on most of that trip! I just got to enjoy it from a distance and didn't have to stare at a Budget truck for four days! I can't wait to see your new apartment and furniture!
Wow!! That is crazy. Glad you made it, but we miss you already. Have fun in Powell. Tell Troy hello. (: Good luck out there. I want lots more blog posts now so we know what is going on.
wow what a crazy week! glad you survived it! and how great is your new ward? that's awesome that they were there to help. hope you're enjoying lake powell! you looked great at your grad ps... congrats again!
Post a Comment