Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mustache March!!

While I don't normally venture into the blog posting world (this is Steve) I thought in this instance I would make an exception. I have a special matter that I could use a little support on from family and friends. As everyone knows March is the month of mustaches. In honor of Mustache March the men in my program (and women to if they'd like) are all neglecting their upper lips when shaving in order to produce their best offering for a friendly mustache competition. As a member of the MIT LGO community, it is my privilege and responsibility to give my best effort in this endeavor. My sweet wife, however, does not see things quite the same way. This morning, after carefully sculpting the fantastic mustache that you see below, I was shocked when the reaction I got from Kalli was one of utter disgust. She wants the mustache removed now and she's playing hardball (I think without further explanation you know what this entails). I happen to think the my mustache gives me a classy, sophisticated look. I'll let you be the judge. Cast your vote now in poll below to make your opinion known. Thanks for your support!







What do you think of Steve's mustache?


20 comments:

Staci said...

Not a fan of the look at all, but if your whole group or class or whatever is doing it...then I think it is just funny-sorry Kalli:)

BUT shave it when April rolls around!

Mhari said...

Ok can I just tell you I have been cracking up here. Might be the sleep deprivation but still. Steve it totally has a trailer park thing going on. All you are missing the Joe Dirt-esque mullet and the transcamaro. :-) I am used to the facial hair as evidenced by my hubby so sorry Kalli is holding out on you lol....that made me laugh too btw. Kalli can be pretty stubborn when she wants to be. She is after all a Lund so I wish you luck.

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

so THIS is how you celebrated Womens' Day? Poor Kalli.

Janae said...

I personally think that mustaches are gross, but if your gonna grow one then make it a good one, win the contest, and get rid of it.

Eli, Leslie & Victoria said...

I am totally on Kalli's side sorry steve... eli shaves 2 times a day (once at 4 am then whenever he gets home).... I dont like mustaches one bit. good luck with getting some... and winning the compitition.... but i bet one is more worth it than the other! haha
Go Kalli!

patti said...

I totally came to support Kalli but I have to say....it's not so bad, I kinda like it.

Meg said...

wow! thats really all to be said, wow! I have to hand it to you steve, I didn't put eew shave it immediately cuz it is pretty cool. i mean you look, as mhari put it, kind of joe dirt-esque! if you're going to do that i feel like a mullet and sleevless tees are next....if your program is doing it i'd say go with it, but don't keep it longer!

Melissa said...

Have you seen my post on James shaving adventure? I think its fun. Only a month. Sorry Kallie.

BrieAnn said...

If this was permanent, I would be first in the "ew, disgusting" line. But it's just for March, and this is no typical 'stache. Steve, sometimes great things require great sacrifice. And Kalli, look out - he's going to be attracting a whole new breed of female - I envision the kind with overly processed, peroxide-ed, gel scrunched, too thin to be that long stringy hair. And I'm sure her eye brows are overly sculpted, if not shaved off and drawn on in large arches.

Do you see it too?

Mike and Erin Hale said...

Steve, when i first entered you blog, i was right ready to vote ew, disgusting, b/c you and Kalli both know how i feel about the mustache. However, upon looking over your pictures, I mjust vote that i kind of like it. Sorry Kal. It's really not bad, as mustaches go. Steve, i think you look kind of cool. (don't tell mike about mustache march)

Anna said...

It is kinda cool, but I have to say I think it ages you about ten years! And the trailer park comment too...

Sandra and Brent said...

Kalli, I have to go with BrieAnn on this one. Steve has to keep the mustache for March or he risks being ostracized by his peers so I went with the "look out Kalli" voting option. HOWEVER, I also question what kind of woman will be attracted by this mustache. Have you ever watched "Dog, The Bounty Hunter" on TV? You know his wife . . . all peroxide blond hair and gigantic boobs . . . I'm thinking that's the type. The other type might be some woman who's fixated on the old west, you know, gun fighters, riding the range types. I personally don't think there are that many of them in Boston so no worries there. I'm thinking that you need to finish your look with a Stetson hat and a wad of chewing tobacco. And this mustache definitely works best with picture number one . . . surly and unapproachable. Picture two is strictly dorky and picture three just doesn't go with the 'stache. Love ya both. Sorry Kalli.

Kierst said...

I voted for ew but that's just because I don't like any mustaches because they are all chester the molesteresque

Hale-O There said...

Scott says you look like Boozer. I think all Hale men should avoid growing mustaches. I can't decide if you look like a child predator or a goofy outdated man. I'll be surprised if you don't win the competition though. A girl can only hold out soo long before she needs some luvn herself. i think? lol good luck!

Britt said...

I'm not sure what to say about this thing that you have let grow on your face...it is a bit creepy, I think I have to agree with Kierst...It is molesteresque...but good luck with the contest with something that awful I am going to assume that you are going to win it... (and I am pretty sure that nothing anyone says will get you to shave it)

Jillian said...

I voted for the 2nd one (it's ok), but only because I've seen worse, & unfortunately it was on Ammon! He grew a beard & mustache this last December & then shaved it all at the end of the year except for the mustache, which he kept for one day. We went to Costco that day & I must say I was kinda embarrassed to be seen with him! Haha! I agree with Rachel that Hale men should not have mustaches & it MUST go when March is over. I would also agree with Erin & add that Ammon should not know about mustache march, but he already saw & voted for the last one. :)

Mike and Erin Hale said...

Kalli, if Steve wasn't my brother, I'd totally want to make out with him. You are SO lucky.

Mike and Erin Hale said...

You look like Boozer.
Landon thinks you have a cool mustache.

The Walkers said...

With a mustache like that you can look elsewhere for what you need.

The Walkers said...

FYI, the last comment was Jordan's. I say as long as it's not my husband, keep the mustache! At least until April, then it better come off in a hurry.