Thursday, April 1, 2010

Best in Show!!

Today is bittersweet day for me. After a month of carefully sculpting and grooming my beautiful mustache the time has finally come to shave it off. Mustache March has come to an end. That's the bitter part. The sweet part is that for my efforts I was awarded with the "best in show" mustache in a special awards ceremony today! Other awards given out today included "most disturbing," "most fitting," and "dirt lip." You can see the competition I was up against by clicking on the link below.

mustache-march-voting

The contest was never really in doubt, but it was still a special day for me to be formally recognized for my mustache growing ability. Despite all of Kalli's protests, I think that deep down she also grew to love my mustache. She seemed just a little sad tonight when I emerged from the bathroom with a clean shaven face. I may have even spotted a little tear in the corner of her eye.

Thanks to all those who cast a vote in favor of my mustache. And for those who disparaged my little work of art....well, it appears that you my friends have been outvoted. :)

The mustache came off tonight in stages so that I could savor every last moment. Here are the pictures for your viewing pleasure.














6 comments:

Mhari said...

Oh it must be a sad day for you Steve. Too bad Kalli wouldn't let you keep it long enough to make it to Austin. :-) Ok actually it isn't that bad but congrats on being the best in show.

Sandra and Brent said...

Congratulations son . . . I couldn't be prouder. You came by a nice full moustache naturally. A cross between the hairy Hales and the hairy Ursakis. If I didn't wax, I could probably give you a run for your money. Love ya, Mom

The Walkers said...

Steve, I've never been more proud to call you Brother.

Amber said...

Love the stache Steve! I never voted earlier but I have to agree with Kalli, it really is no fun to kiss a hairy face but Scott loved it!

Hale-O There said...

Steve, that was one sweet stach! I looked through the pictures of your competitors and other than the staches on Pedro and Juan, none of the other staches were close to as sweet as yours. Congrats on the best in show, it's a crying shame that you had to remove such a distinguished facial accessory! P.S., Rachel thinks you should grow your stach back and apply for a job as a Russian KGB agent.

Mike and Erin Hale said...

Steve, you are totally turning me on.