I wanted to at least try to catch up on our summer events before its a lost cause (it might already be a lost cause....). We had such a fun summer. We lived with Steve's parents. Steve's sister and brother-in-law also lived with his parents and his other brother and his wife live only minutes away from the Hale' house. Then at the beginning of July, Steve's other brother and his wife and their three kiddos moved into the same house. Yes- Steve's parents had 3/5 grown and married children living with them. Plus, once Annie got home from her mission they had 4/5 children living with them (Annie was only there for like 5 days before we left on our cruise- but still!) It was chaotic, fun, crazy and at times exhausting. I wouldn't have done it any other way though. It seemed like everyday was busy and we were traveling and/or doing something fun!
We went on a camping trip for a few days with Steve's brother Scott, his wife Rachel and their very new baby. They took us to a beautiful place where Steve could try out his new fly fishing rod and we could all relax. We took a couple of bike rides, went for a few hikes and ate a lot of good food. It was a beautiful place.
One day I decided it would be a good idea to read a book in the sun with no sunscreen on and midcalf length capri pants. You can see that this actually wasn't a good idea and I got a nasty tan line that never actually went away.... Lesson Learned.
Even though it was the end of June, there was still a lot of snow on the ground. I love this picture of a little bloom poking up through the snow- it must be a determined little plant.
Steve's prize rainbow trout (EDIT: Correction: Steve has just informed me that this is a brown trout- not a rainbow trout... and he made me change it in this post :)
We were going to be en route to and in Venice on our 4th Anniversary with Steve's whole family-- so we decided to go overnight to Park City and stay in a fancy hotel overnight to celebrate. As always- we had a problem! First of all, Steve didn't even feel good and second of all I got in a bath and when I got out I saw that there was water EVERYWHERE. The tub had leaked all over the bathroom floor and into the bedroom area. There was like 1/2 an inch of water on the ground. So, at like 2 in the morning we had to pack up all of our stuff and move rooms. They gave us a discount luckily but it was still a bummer. Someday we'll go somewhere for our anniversary without a hitch. So far, it hasn't happened!

We got these great Hale Family pictures taken right before our cruise. I thought they turned out great!

Oh ya- the in-laws are sooo ridiculously good looking :)
We also went to Lagoon one day with the whole family- the kids had a great time and the adults had an even better time. We were there as it opened and stayed until it closed. We got on the bumper cars about 50 times over and over again right before we left. It was awesome. Steve, Mike, Jordan and I also did the skycoaster which is so fun! It totally fulfills any desire I might have to skydive or bungee jump!
Then- Annie came home from an 18 month mission in Nebraska. We were so excited to see her!!!
Mike also had a birthday...
The rest of these pictures are just random pictures of the day to day we experienced this summer. We had to try really hard to get Lucy to like us- we finally got her one treat at a time :)
Abbie and cute little Adelaide
I promise that we even did the mundane kinds of things like folding laundry- and I also promise that those underwear on Steve's head are clean :)
Adelaide love to look at pictures of herself!
Next up- 12 days in the Mediterranean!
Next up- 12 days in the Mediterranean!



0 comments:
Post a Comment